Reduce or eliminate plastic
Eliminate or significantly reduce plastic in your every-day life.
- Carry reusable shopping bags.
- Give up bottled water and other plastic-bottled beverages.
- Carry your own containers for take-out food and leftovers.
- Carry a stainless steel travel mug or water bottle at all times for coffee and other drinks while out in the world
- When ordering pizza, say no to the little plastic “table” in the middle of the pizza box.
- Don't use straws!
- Don't buy pre-packed product. Choose loose product instead and put it in your own bag/container.
- Buy fresh bread that comes in either paper bags or no bags. Or... bake your own bread:)
- Push government to ban single use plastic forever!
Why the contribution is important
Why Is It Important To Reduce Plastic Waste?
Reducing plastic waste is important because plastic production requires an enormous amount of energy and resources. This causes carbon emissions and contributes to global warming.
Recycling plastic is not efficient – only 9% of plastic ever produced has been recycled. About 60% is discarded in landfills and oceans. There, it stays for thousands of years, transforming into “microplastic,” leaching into our water supplies and food.
Every bit of plastic that has ever been produced is still on the planet!
by kateKJ on August 28, 2020 at 02:45PM