The Public Space Management Plan (PSMP) will set out how we can manage public open spaces (parks, greenspace, roads, plazas, squares) under City of Edinburgh Council control, for events, filming and festivals. We're engaging with you to help develop and refine a draft plan.
The new PSMP will combine public spaces and parks into one document and will set out a strategy for how each of the city’s public spaces can be used.
In time, each area used for events and filming, will have their own conditions that will add detail to the overarching principles. These will help to define for example, the types of activities suitable for the area, the timing of activities, noise levels, rest periods etc.
These already exist for many of our most frequently used areas.
Please have a look at the different areas and the specific conditions mentioned, comment on them and suggest changes or additions.
If you think a regularly used area is missing, please raise it as an idea with conditions for others to see and comment on.
How to take part
- Start by taking a look at a ideas (conditions) we have initiated for each area or review other ideas with the highest rating or most comments
- Use the search and filter tools to find specific topics
- Register to leave a comment
- If you have a new idea that isn’t already on the site, click Add Idea to submit it
There's a lot here. It's complex and we're all likely to have to make some compromises. None of us will probably get everything we want but hopefully we'll understand why and agree the outcome is fair and right for Edinburgh as a whole.
All ideas and suggestions are good ideas. They may even spark something transformational. We welcome positive input with a focus on what will work and what’s good.
If you don’t like something (and we won’t all agree!), try to come up with something better, that you feel may be accepted, possibly as a compromise, by the wider group.
What happens after I post?
- Ideas and comments will be published as soon as possible
- Posts that duplicate existing ideas will be locked to keep the conversation in one place
- Posts that are off-topic or don’t meet our moderation policy will not be published
Please give your input by 20th January 2021 to allow time for it to be included in the Draft PSMP.